Sometimes I think about unplugging - detaching myself from technology and Facebook. I hate how intertwined it has become in my life and business.
Sometimes I look down at the sweet little girl in my arms and I want to hold on to each moment forever. Those sweet cuddles - the last ones I might ever have from a snuggly baby who wants to do nothing other than cuddle and nurse.
Newborn turns into infant and toddler and then all too soon it's time for kindergarten and then suddenly your little girl is almost a big third grader...
Sometimes I think about how I'll never have "that" moment again - like the moment when Maris falls asleep nursing and has a smile on her face. Already the memories of snuggling her as a teeny newborn are fading. My little boy is now 6 and Maddie turns 8 - going on 30 though it seems.
Sometimes I think about the time I waste on the computer - not writing, but reading statuses on Facebook or reading comments people made about something insignificant in the grand scheme of things. I can do better.
Sometimes - well a lot recently - I think about how I used to be good at feeding my family real food and that ever since Maris arrived I've been a slacker - taking the easy and sometimes less healthy way out. I can do better at that for sure!
But mostly sometimes I try to savor the moments - I'll never get those moments back. I try not to dwell on the past - but live in the present.
And now I'm going to snuggle my snoozing toddler. She's quiet now - but I can still hear her tiny little voice saying, "Mama I love you."
Sweeter words were never spoken by anyone else.
No comments:
Post a Comment