I know I know - no excuses.
So in the attempt to start blogging again I thought I'd give a play by play of the crazy antics of our evening.
After 5 years of living in this house my husband finally sanded and started to prime the walls of our laundry room today! It was almost a year ago that I taped and mudded the walls - and it's been patiently waiting to be sanded and painted.
I've almost settled on a soft tangerine for the walls in there. I HAVE to have color.
Maddie is running around the house in her undies and at times some sunglasses. I am wearing a tiara and Wyatt is in mismatched jammies. They have been watching My Little Ponies the movie - the old one -
Maddie just spilled water all over the kitchen floor - did I mention I'm wearing a tiara? It's quite heavy.
She dragged my soft, fuzzy lime green blanket into the hallway just a few minutes ago - saying that we needed some grass in the hallway...
Before I could do any laundry tonight I had to vacuum the washer and dryer. My darling husband, whom I love dearly, did not move or cover up anything in the laundry room when he started sanding. I'm not going to say any more because it won't be nice and after all he was trying to do something nice for me. However I will have to remove EVERYTHING and wash either by hand or in the machine - If you know me - you understand that I am now having a panic attack when I walk into my laundry room.
Wyatt is screaming STOP at Maddie and saying all kinds of terrible things to her in his toddler speak. She is holding the bag of goldfish hostage.
I weeded my in-ground garden today and was happy to discover that my carrots are actually growing finally - it's about time - I planted them in October!
The onions I planted last week are starting to send up green shoots and I'm antsy to get my other seeds started like yesterday! Alas they haven't come in the mail yet and probably won't show up tomorrow seeing it's a federal holiday.
The paint fumes have gone to my head - the one wearing a tiara - so I'm going to stop writing now and you'll breathe a sigh of relief.
"Mama, I'm all naked and furry!" Maddie just told me.
That's what every mother wants to hear, I tell you!
No comments:
Post a Comment