It's amazing to me how the simple act of tying on a blanket - a fleece, penguin blanket in this instance - can create minutes (hours one day?) of fun.
"Stop falling Maddie!" Wyatt screams at her as he comes over to ask me to remove his cape - "I'm not superman" he tells me.
I guess in this case it only created a few seconds of fun, but it was fun watching them.
At almost 3 and 5 their verbal skills are improving daily and I love listening to their conversations. They don't always speak nicely to each other but there are a few moments here and there.
Presently Wyatt is running around in his diaper with a spiderman sticker on his chest. "I'm going to the water, mom! I'm going to see the mermaids and go swimming!"
Honestly I'm proud of my son who is so verbally affluent - even if he's going swimming with mermaids.
"Daddy's fishing," he says. "Daddy doesn't love me" (What? of course he loves you!) "I'm crying."
Why are you crying I ask?
"Because I want dad," he responds.
Mike is fishing today and it's always hard when he's gone on the weekends. Our weeks are so full - school, mom's day out and various other activities - they don't get to spend much time together except on the weekends.
Well the moment is deteriorating and it's time for a certain little boy to take a nap!
No comments:
Post a Comment