It's been raining a lot - and I got up this morning to a wet stove - water dripping out of the microwave hood. The recessed top of my new gas oven was full of water. At first I thought it was a bad seal on the new hood we had installed, but later inspection showed it's coming from behind the vent -
I fell apart.
I am so scared of mold.
I called Mike to ask him what to do and he said he had no idea. All I wanted was for him to tell me what to do - for once in my life to not have to handle everything on my own. Even just a simple - call a roofer and ask them or call the insurance company and ask them would have been fine - a little guidance.
Frustrated with his lack of leadership in our "home" life I got mad and hung up - instead calling one of our friends to ask them if they knew a roofer who could come look. Our roof is only 4 years old - so it should be under some kind of warranty.
I think mostly I'm upset because I'm tired of being the one who has to handle and orchestrate everything in the house - bills, groceries, car maintenance, kids dr. appts, - I know it's part of being a stay at home mom, but a little bit of help sometimes would be appreciated.
So this was the last straw to speak - I've been crying for 2 hours straight right now. Originally about the roof, but now for who knows what reason.
1 comment:
Hey , im sorry about your roof. Hopefully isnt anything too serious or expensive. Have you talked to Mike about the way you feel about things in the house? Well im sure you have tried, try again if you have, but try not to argue and get mad and yell that usually throws things off and they just wont listen to us at all. I know its hard, specially when you have to do so much around the house with two kids and hormones. Im right there too. Im here if you need!
Post a Comment