Last fall I "won" two gift certificates for photography from a local artist. After 4 failed attempts to do pictures - due to bad weather - we finally got a nice day in April. We went out to Eden Gardens, which is a local state park - botanical garden.
Maddie wore the bright blue dress that her grandmomma Paula bought her last year - and looked and acted every bit the princess. With flowers in her hair and in her hands she pranced, twirled and posed throughout the park.
I hadn't intended to be in the pictures at all, but Sue Carol Knight, the photographer - suggested I be in the pictures too.
I'm so glad that she did! Always the one behind the camera, I have few pictures of myself with my kids - unless it's a self portrait (I've gotten pretty good actually).
So here is Miss Madeleine at the beginning of the shoot - she was fresh and cooperative
and then a beautiful shot of her and me in front of the huge door

We spent some time at the reflecting pond and then explored the lilies

My favorite shots are the ones of us walking away

This one is pretty much my absolute favorite - it reminds me of a famous photograph or painting. I love the way she's turned around looking straight at the camera

And since the first picture showed her so refreshed and cooperative, one must appreciate the classic Maddie face we saw once it was time to leave the rose garden:

No comments:
Post a Comment