I must have eventually drifted off to sleep - only to awaken to a scream from wyatt as he woke up. I prodded Mike to get up and bring him to me before he woke up Maddie, but it was too late. Mike walked back into the room with Wyatt and Maddie jumped up onto the bed as well.
We have - or rather I have - a problem with Maddie getting into our bed in the middle of the night. It has nothing to do with her actually being in the bed, but that she tends to stay awake for hours once she gets in our bed - and this robs me of much needed sleep.
So I informed her she could stay in bed with me for a quick snuggle and that Daddy would put her back in her bed. She protested, but finally let Mike carry her back to bed. I finished nursing Wyatt and lugged him (hey - he's getting heavy!) back to bed where I found Maddie to be patiently waiting for the kiss I promised her.
This was 2 a.m. and I was tired - I'd only been in bed for not even 2 hours and had already had a major interruption to my sleep!
Thankfully they both slept for the next 3 hours and I maybe got 2 hours of sleep as it takes me a while to fall asleep each time.
Maddie was up before 6 a.m. and her exit out of the shared bedroom woke up Wyatt- of course.
The good thing is that Maddie went back to sleep and is still sleeping as I write this.
The bad is that Wyatt did not and is presently terrorizing the house and his mother.
Thankfully Katie is coming this morning to help me with the kids and clean.
1 comment:
I wish you'd have gotten more sleep -- but I did love talking to you! ;) It's 10:30 on the West Coast and I hope you're sleeping!
Post a Comment