This has been a hard year for so many in the world - and on a day when those of us in America celebrate a day of thankfulness I am pondering all the things I am thankful for today.
We have been so very fortunate this year - Mike's business has remained steady and we have experienced none of the struggles that so many of our friends and family have. We're not bragging - we're thankful. We have done what we can to help those less fortunate when we can.
I am thankful for the health of my children - we have had a pretty sick-free year so far and that makes me rest a little easier (although both have colds at the moment).
I am thankful for my husband - who loves me unconditionally, loves his children and is working so hard to be a good father. He is a great provider for us - enabling me to stay home with our children - raising them and loving them every moment of the day.
I am thankful for family - close by and far away - who love and support us in our day to day life - in being the best parents we can be, respecting us for how we choose to live and love, for just being there when we need them.
And last, but most important - I am thankful for my God and Savior Jesus Christ. I would be nothing without Him and owe all that I am to His love and patience with me each and every day.
I hope this Thanksgiving you are thankful for many things - trying not to concentrate too hard on what you don't have - and thinking of those less fortunate and doing what you can to help.
In all things give thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment