My littlest angel is unwell today. He had a fair night - up and down about 3 times - but when he awoke this morning I could tell that he wasn't feeling quite right. Quickly he started to heave - although never got sick. I scooped him up and took him into the bathroom and sat there with him in my arms and a towel in my lap - just in case. When nothing appeared - we crawled back in bed and cuddled for a little bit.
Soon after that it happened again and this time he did get a little sick - thankfully it was only breastmilk from his night of nursing.
Afterwards he seemed normal - asking for crackers and a peanut butter spoon. He drank some water - we had a nice shower and he was jumping around, chasing the cat, etc.
I busied myself with the 16-bean soup I was making and he disappeared down the hallway - to go to "mommy bed" as we call it. A few minutes later he started crying and came running out to me - into my arms - heaving again. Nothing transpired, though - and I scooped him up and put him back into my bed with some cartoons, a kitten and his paci. He pulled the fuzzy covers up around his face and within minutes he was asleep- resting his poor little body.
Just now I went to check on him - stroking his pale, innocent face I remembered all the times Maddie has been ill with a stomach virus - and how similar he looks to her - sleeping in my bed.
I hope it passes quickly - because he's just not himself today. I want my spunky little boy back!
1 comment:
I sure hope the little fellow is getting better. It is so heart wrenching when they are sick.
Sending love and hugs him.
:)
Post a Comment