As much as I really don't like Florida - the heat and humidity, constant influx of tourists and lack of REAL seasons - I was struck by the beauty of the forested coastline in the park. Growing up in Montana - I often went camping and hiking and I miss that part of my life - along with the mountains. The weather is so formidably hot in the summers that it's not conducive to camping, but now is the right time to go exploring. I'm hoping to talk Mike into taking the kids camping in Fred Gannon - soon. It won't be "real" camping because we won't even be leaving town, but it's a start!
Here are some pictures from our walk:





The Octopus:











Maddie and the Llama tree:









1 comment:
What have I been telling you all along about the beauties of Fred Gannon?? I'm glad that you were able to go exploring. Let me know if we need to plan a Mother-child camping trip. I haven't been able to talk Brett into going yet either. Come to think of it, a Moms only camping trip could be a lot of fun, too, with a bunch of girlfriends.
Post a Comment