Maddie is walking around with a drum - keeping the beat.
Wyatt is following her - singing into a microphone.
Both of my children seem to be gifted when it comes to music - something I think comes from my side of the gene pool.
Tomorrow morning I'll be helping to lead our church congregation in praise and worship - something that greatly blesses me in so many ways.
Now it's Wyatt's turn to drum - he's unhappily drumming on the wood floor whilst his sister runs away with the drum he so loves.
She brought him a buggy xylophone - or glockenspiel (which Maddie actually calls it!). I pointed it out to her just a second ago - and she said, "yeah, I know."
What a smart little girl.
I'm eagerly anticipating bedtime soon - when the house will be quiet and I can soak in the bathtub and read the new book I bought today -it's nothing fancy - just a childbirth and pregnancy book that is on my required reading list for my upcoming doula workshop.
My back has been hurting terribly today - and I'm at a loss for what to do about it. I guess I should be thankful that today is the first time in a week that I haven't been stricken with a bad headache. I got a gift certificate for a free acupuncture session at my doulas of northwest florida meeting last night - I think I'll give that a try before seeking out an allopathic doctor.
Music time seems to be over - Maddie just laid a book on my lap so it's time to read some stories and put them to bed. Morning will come extra early tomorrow as I have to get the kids up and fed and ready for church in addition to myself!
We miss daddy when he's gone - but I have to say that I'm looking forward to having the whole bed to myself and I won't have to keep telling him to stop snoring for once! I'm glad he'll be back tomorrow night - it's cold outside and I need his warm body to stick my cold feet on!
No comments:
Post a Comment