Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tiger Forgives

We've been using a different book for our nightly devotions lately - It's called "First Virtues for Toddlers" by Dr. Mary Manz Simon. It was a present from a good friend at Wyatt's Baptism.

Maddie and I have read through the book several times, but we've started at the beginning again recently and I just love this little book - it teaches such wonderful lessons.

Tonight's is one of my favorites - Forgiveness is something near and dear to my heart.

Tiger Forgives
"God Forgives, so I can too. This is what I try to do!"

Tiger, Tiger share today, what the Bible has to say...
To forgive means move on past. Don't let angry feelings last.
If a friend steps on my toe, I will pardon her, you know.
When someone won't share a toy, I forgive that girl or boy.
Then we have a brand new start. I feel kindness in my heart.
"I forgive" are words I say almost every single day.
If a friend does not play fair, I forgive to show I care.
God forgives, so I can, too. That is what I try to do.
"I forgive" God says to you.
Are those words that you say, too?

"Forgive others, and God will forgive you." Luke 6:37

No comments: