Saturday, October 18, 2008

Quiet Mornings

Quiet mornings are rare in a house with two toddlers. However, Maddie spent the night last night with her Mimi, Mike had to get up at 5 a.m. to go fishing and that left just me and Wyatt and the cats.

Sometime after Mike got out of bed Wyatt woke up and I brought him into our bed where he attached himself somewhat permanently to my breast and fell back into a deep sleep. He seems to prefer me as his pacifier compared to the regular "patsy's" he carries around with him.

At some point Pumpkin woke up and found us in the bed and proceeded to pounce and bite and paw at me until I roused myself and fed him. No wonder Azzie is getting so fat - she's eating all of his kitten food!

I climbed back into bed and decided I might as well get up - Wyatt was snoozing happily and it was nice to have a few quiet moments to myself to check emails and eat the last of the pumpkin banana chocolate chip oatmeal muffins that I made for the LLL meeting yesterday.

A little toddler-like noise was coming from my bedroom and I walked back there to see Wyatt sitting up on the bed - looking a little dazed.

I jumped on the bed, pulled the fuzzy blanket over my head and we played a cute game of peek-a-boo for a few minutes. My little man, however, grew tired of the game at some point and proceeded to crawl off the bed when I was hiding under the covers.

I peeked out and saw him gone and started the "fake" crying game - I cried and cried until he came back onto the bed - smiling and laughing - because unlike his sister who cannot stand to see mommy cry - my son thinks it's funny!

He shoved his paci in my mouth - with the look of "ok, now be quiet" on his little face.

I pretended to lay my head down and go to sleep and then I spit out the paci and started crying again - which made him laugh again as he put the paci back in.

We played this for several minutes and then decided to get up.

I stepped outside a few minutes ago and it's crisp and windy outside- a perfect fall morning.

I'm taking the kids to the Mullet Festival in a few hours - looking forward to kettle corn, pony rides and the petting zoo :)

No comments: