Saturday, November 15, 2008

Dressing Up...

It's such a complicated task - when you have a girlie girl.

First she must undress completely - casting aside the perfectly clean clothes. Is it any wonder that I NEVER get caught up on laundry? God forbid I make her put those clothes back on - NO - she must put on something different.

Then come the tights - and oh how I detest putting tights on her! It's impossible to get the toes just right and she complains about the lines being crooked or there is too much material around her toes and it feels funny in her shoes.

Shoes come next - usually some kind of heel or the other. They're usually too small - because she refuses to give up her favorites.

Next comes the dress, the necklaces (at least 2), the rings - one on every finger if possible and armfuls of bracelets.

Typically she insists on wings and a crown - but at the moment she's happy with a frilly pink hair band.

Her newest accessory is a white chiffon piece of material I would use for draping on my maternity photography clients. She has it draped over her head like a bride - and calls herself a wedding girl.

"How do I look mommy?" she asks me.

Beautiful sweetheart!

1 comment:

Mid Life Hopes said...

oh how sweet is that!!
:)