Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My kind of breakfast

I really have to tell you - my friend Becca has inspired me to make hearty breakfasts for my kids. For her, breakfast is a huge meal and she's always making something yummy - from scratch for her and the boys. She says sometimes it's not so much for them, but for her because she likes breakfast - it's her favorite meal.

She writes two blogs - a bit of an overachiever! Her recipe blog is full of great meal ideas, but especially yummy breakfasts.

Our current favorite is the apple puffed pancake - everyone in the family - even my picky madeleine loves it. This morning is the third time I've made it in a week! It's quick and easy and impressive when it's baking. 

The first time I made it - I opened the oven and had a small heart attack because it was huge!





Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Henry said...

that's my kind of breakfast, too! yummo! i'm having some fun giveaways this week if you want to pop in! http://www.nowenteringmomville.blogspot.com hope to see you there!

Anonymous said...

We are going to try this this weekend!

Sounds like my famous Honey-Puff Pancake.

~Amber