Monday, August 25, 2008

Foot dr.

Well I've gotten to the point where I can't stand the pain in my left foot again. I had a cortisone shot in May and it's been worn off for about a month now. After all the time on my feet yesterday I had a very painful night.

I'm going back to the podiatrist this afternoon - hoping he'll give me another injection so I can delay the inevitable for a little longer. 

I need an MRI - but those are so very expensive and honestly it's just not something we can afford at the moment.. After that it will be surgery - and expensive surgery because I'll need a bone graft from somewhere else - like my hip - and then extensive work to remove the cyst or tumor or whatever it is - because the ultrasound hasn't been conclusive other than to show a large fluid filled mass that is affecting a very important part of the foot - it's in the bone, and in 3 or 4 of the joints (so many bones in the foot!).

He said it's a result of repeated injuries to the same spot - starting in sixth grade and continuing up to the present. 

I'm not quite 30 years old and I told him I need my feet and don't want to be in a wheelchair one day - he wasn't very encouraging about that!

I'm also going to ask him about the stabbing pains I've been having in my left calf and thigh - and I have some unusual bruising in the back of my calf that isn't related to any kind of trauma. The bruises just keep showing up - that, along with the pain has me a little concerned. I've always worried about blood clots in the back of my mind - because my dad's mom died from one that started in her leg - during childbirth no less. The baby also died and every time I get those pains in my leg I think about that.


1 comment:

Mid Life Hopes said...

Sorry to hear about your foot pain!
I only had a planters wart, and it was so horrible, after awhile I could hardly put any pressure on it.
I cannot imagine having something going on like you have.
:(
I am tired, but got half of the house done, so, tomorrow should complete the task.
Love you
:)