Saturday, August 23, 2008

What a disappointment!

It's probably a good thing for us - bad for others, but it seems that Fay has moved far north of us and we're going to be spared the worst of her soggy fury. The trees are still and it hasn't rained in a few hours - the worst of the rain was a very fine spray, nothing torrential or tropical at all.

So we stuck around the house for well - nothing. But it was nice to concentrate on the house instead of the tea and get a few things done that have been neglected.

The playroom is in order once again - I have clean clothes and my new skirt and shirt for the tea are cleaned and ready to go. I've swept the floor at least twice- but I can't win with the rain! I vacuumed the hallway and playroom - and even did the corners and along the wall with the attachment thingy - something I rarely remember to do. I also vacuumed the intake grates for the A/C - and that was a nasty job!

Mike has started cutting the plastic off the laminate and I'm hoping that we'll be able to start working on the floor sometime this week. 

I've made the timeline for the tea and now all I need to do is make the list of things I need to do tomorrow - or rather what my volunteers are going to do. 

My mom showed up with a beautiful bouquet of gladiolas - bright pink! - to tell me thank you for all the work I've put into the tea. It was very sweet and I love them! I've had to stay on Maddie to leave them alone.

Mike just pulled Wyatt off the toy chest - Mike's teak toy chest from his childhood. His mom brought it to us a few years ago and currently it's behind the couch - a prime climbing place. He's such a climber - quick to get up on the chest and scale the couch - sliding down the front of the couch. 

Maddie, of course, is sitting next to me in her princess dress that we bought at Disney World - complete with shoes, crown and wand. Wyatt is putting on a necklace that has come unhooked (so it's a long thread). He keeps trying to put it on and strut away, but it keeps falling off. He's so funny to watch.

I have a lot of thoughts on what I want to write about - and many things I've been pondering this last week - in between living the Tea... I'm anxious to start really writing again - 

2 comments:

Princess said...

just wanted to say that i LOVE your blog!!!!

how do you do all those different templates... mine is sooo boring!!

and...

by the way.... TAG YOU'RE IT....
Tagged you for a meme that i was tagged for... rules are on my site.

look forward to seeing 5 random things about you!

Mid Life Hopes said...

Good Morning, sure hope the tea party went well, and I bet you are quite exhausted. I am looking forward to seeing all of you next week!
Love you :)