Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fall felicitations

I'm sitting here in the living room - feeling a little under the weather - my throat is sore. It's the kind of painful sore throat that drives you insane, too.

All the while my son is driving a helicopter on my foot - making appropriate noises.

Earlier this afternoon when he was still napping I was sitting in here checking my email - the back door was open because the weather is absolutely delicious today.

Into the room pranced our cat, Azzie - the great huntress. She carried a blue-tailed skink in her mouth. I tried to catch it when she dropped it and really should have let her catch it again. 

Needless to say the little lizard escaped and quickly ran under the couch - where he's still hiding.

So the joke will be on some poor unsuspecting person - when it decides to venture out and climb up someone's leg.

There's something about the cooler weather that motivates me - physically and emotionally. I love the fall - and can't wait for the holiday season to gear up.

We're making plans for a small, winter garden. I've purchased broccoli, kale and carrot seeds. I went out to my garden plot and turned most of the dirt over - getting it ready for the compost I've been working so hard on this year. I also added some organic plant food to encourage our yummy veggies to grow!


I'm so ready for the cooler weather to be here to stay - for the pumpkins to be here at the pumpkin patch - holiday craft bazaars, hot apple cider.

I'm full of anticipation!

No comments: