This boy loves balls - big, small - it doesn't matter.
He also loves to talk and I'm amazed every day at what he adds to his vocabulary minute by minute.
I've been loading the dishwasher and he's been in the kitchen with me (NOT NAPPING) tossing around a ball.
Honestly I was so caught up in my thoughts about the Haugen's that I was not really paying attention to just what he was saying as he would throw the ball, run and grab it up and do it again.
But for a moment I stopped with the dishes and watched him - and realized he was saying "Ready? GO!" as he threw the ball each time.
I also watched him as he discovered another ball (adding his number to 2 that he was carrying) and when he found it he said to the ball, "I see you!"
I'm so glad that I have little ones around me to cheer me up anytime I am sad!
He's grown weary of the balls for the moment and I just heard him turn on his little Thomas laptop computer. He's clapping to the music - turning it on and off just to hear the same song over and over...
I love that when I say "I love you" to him, he answers with "TOO!" which is ironically the same way maddie started out saying "I love you, too."
1 comment:
Dear Annie (I can get away with calling you that because I knew you when you liked it!) - children have a way of turning your life upside down, but that isn't always a bad thing. After all, an upside down frown is a smile...isn't it?
Don't fret about all the things you don't/can't get done. Having survived the toddler stage I will tell you that you are already getting the most important stuff done...just being there for your children. Everything else is just window dressing!
Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with us. Its nice to know all of you, even tho we are so far apart.
Hang in there!
Love - Aunt Barbara
Post a Comment