Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Laundry Lullaby

I hate doing laundry.

I get so overwhelmed with the kids constantly outgrowing their wardrobes and the drastic change of seasons that I tend to just put that stuff aside - but after doing that for several seasons I am drowning in clothes.

So far I've emptied the laundry room and sorted it out into piles. I then took the pile of kids' clothing and sorted out all the outgrown/wrong season/going-to-outgrow-next-week-and-I-might-as-well-get-it-out-now-while-I'm-motivated clothing.

Maddie and Wyatt are in the backyard - digging, playing, picking everything that is green.

Wyatt keeps climbing up on our little (tiny) toddler slide and yelling "Mommy, Look at ME!" and once he has my attention he slides down.

Maddie - in her true princess fashion - has on no less than 3 necklaces, a purse, dress-up heels, a dress I made her, a santa clause hat, blue sunglasses, my headband (wasn't that just on my head?) and some fairy wings. Oh - and a purse - has to have the purse - which is no doubt full of all kinds of jewelry and make-up.

I've eaten the last of the chocolate in the house - even the 70% cacao dark stuff that I've resorted to - but hey it's healthier, right?

Back to laundry now. I will conquer it this week before I bring any new, cold weather stuff into the house for the kids.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oooh, I really like this background! We're trying to conquer the laundry piles too. I gave a large bag of clothes to the baby I watch and still have two garbage bags of just Mad's stuff to sell/give away. It's just never ending though.