Friday, August 29, 2008

Resorting to lists again

I feel so terribly behind in my blogging about the kids right now - so the only way I can deal with it other than to sit and write for hours is to make lists of things that I will inevitably NEVER write about, but at least I can go back and read about the stories I would have told if time were to ever stand still for a day or ten - allowing me to graciously catch up on cleaning my house, going through all the mountains of clothing my children outgrow on a daily (hourly?) basis, catching up on bills I'd rather not pay, organizing my house so that it will clean itself (seriously the book I read said it would happen if I followed its system...loved the book, but I'd yet to do anything with what I "learned) - catching up on their baby books - wyatt's is incredibly bare, but at least I have pages of online journaling I've done for him - don't ask me about scrapbooking because I'll start to cry - and then of course there are all the little things I desperately want to remember but have already forgotten what they were...

  • Wyatt's exploding vocabulary - he's onto phrases now! (I see you, I want some more, I don't know, Over there, That way, Thank-you-welcome...)
  • Maddie is still the eternal princess - the other night she fell asleep with her crown on her little head and mike went in and tried to take it off and she instantly woke up and screamed at him that she needed it and fell just as instantly back to sleep. 
  • Wyatt's toe-tapping, stomping routines all over the house. 
  • The never-ending battle for sleep - mine and wyatt's
  • Still nursing - still having milk supply issues, but I've figured out it's because I've lost so much weight and have so little body fat that my body just can't manage to make much milk... that's another blog entirely for my livejournal...
  • Simplifying my life - coming off the huge task of the tea and my need to just relax and not commit to much anymore.
  • contemplating a girl's weekend away - i'm finally ready!
  • grandma guilt - alzheimers and dementia
  • Life gone in an instant - why family drama just isn't worth the pain of an unexpected departure from life - 
And wyatt is screaming for me at the moment, so I will cut my list short to go soothe him to sleep hopefully...

1 comment:

beccatemecula said...

To someone who is feeling behind in her blogging, I would say that over 40 entries in July and August is pretty good!